Here’s an opportunity to work in a large company and learn new things, while earning cash for your summer fun. Get experience in marketing, security, IT, landscaping, video, finance and more!
- You must be 16 years of age by June 2017
- Be a current Junior or Senior in high school
- You must be a student at one of the following high schools:
- Cosumnes Oaks High School
- Elk Grove High School
- Florin High School
- Franklin High School
- Laguna Creek High School
- Monterey Trail High School
- Pleasant Grove High School
- Sheldon High School
- Valley High School
- Cordova High School
- Folsom High School
- Vista del Lago High School
- Folsom Lake High School
- Kinney High School
- Inderkum High School
- Natomas High School
- Leroy Greene Academy
- Foothill High School
- Grant High School
- Highlands High School
- Rio Linda High
- Have 2.5 or better GPA
- Student must not be a relative of a SMUD employee
- Provide your own transportation
- Attend mandatory (unpaid) Program Orientation May 17 or 18, 2017 (5 – 7 p.m.)
- Attend mandatory (unpaid) work readiness workshop June 6-8, 2017
- Attend mandatory (paid) 3-day internship preparation workshop June 19-21, 2017
- Be able to work full-time between June 26 to August 4, 2017
Candidate Selection Process
- Step 1: All applications received electronically or in-person by 5 p.m. on Friday, May 12, 2017 will be accepted for consideration. All accepted applications will be reviewed for minimum qualifications and then entered into a computerized random drawing.
- Step 2: 125 applicants will be invited by e-mail to attend an unpaid mandatory program orientation.
- Step 3: Students that attend the mandatory program orientation will be entered into a second computerized random drawing. 55 students will be randomly selected through this process to attend a 3 day unpaid work readiness workshop.
- Step 4: Students attending the work readiness workshop will be invited to interview with SMUD for selection and placement within the organization.
If you need help with the development of your résumé and application, please contact a Sacramento Works Job Center for assistance.
Note: An application does not automatically guarantee an interview or an internship position. Unofficial transcripts are required and must be submitted with the application. Optional documents may be submitted with the application or at a later time. Applications without the required document (unofficial transcript) attached at the time of submission will be deemed incomplete and will result in failing to meet the minimum requirements.
Applications must be received by 5 p.m. on Friday, May 12, 2017. For more information, please contact Greiana Williams by emailing email@example.com or calling (916) 263-4066.