Here’s an opportunity to work in a large company and learn new things, while earning cash for your summer fun. Get experience in marketing, security, IT, landscaping, video, finance and more!
- You must be 16 years of age by June 2018
- Be a current Junior or Senior in high school
- You must be a student at one of the following high schools:
- American Legion
- Aspire Alexander Twilight Secondary Academy
- Atkinson Academy Charter
- Bella Vista
- California Montessori Project:Capitol Campus
- Cap City
- Casa Roble
- Center High School
- CK McClatchy
- Del Campo
- Elinor Lincoln Hickey Sr. High
- El Camino
- Encina Academy
- George Washington Carver School of Arts and Science
- Gerber Sr. High
- Health Professions
- Hiram Johnson
- John F. Kennedy
- Kit Carson
- La Entrada
- Liberty Ranch
- Luther Burbank
- Mesa Verde
- Mira Loma
- New Technology High
- North Area Community School
- Oak Park Preparatory Academy
- Options for Youth-San Juan
- Paseo Grande Charter
- Paramount Collegiate Academy
- Rex & Margaret Fortune Middle College High School 2017
- Rio Americano
- Sacramento Accelerated Academy
- Sacramento Charter High
- San Juan
- San Juan Academy
- San Juan Choices Charter
- School of Engineering and Sciences
- The Language Academy of Sacramento
- The MET
- Visions In Education
- West Campus
- Have 2.5 or better GPA
- Have no relatives working at SMUD
- Provide your own transportation
- Attend mandatory (unpaid) Program Orientation May 16 or 17, 2018 (5 – 7 p.m.)
- Attend mandatory (unpaid) work readiness workshop May 29 – June 1, 2018 (5 – 7 p.m.)
- Attend mandatory (paid) 3-day internship preparation workshop June 19 – 21, 2018 (8 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.)
- Be able to work full-time between June 25 – August 3, 2018
Candidate Selection Process
- Step 1: All applications received electronically or in-person by 5 p.m. on Friday, May 4, 2018 will be accepted for consideration. All accepted applications will be reviewed for minimum qualifications and then entered into a computerized random drawing.
- Step 2: 125 applicants will be invited by e-mail to attend an unpaid mandatory program orientation.
- Step 3: Students that attend the mandatory program orientation will be entered into a second computerized random drawing. 55 students will be randomly selected through this process to attend a 3 day unpaid work readiness workshop.
- Step 4: Students attending the work readiness workshop will be invited to interview with SMUD for selection and placement within the organization.
If you need help with the development of your résumé and application, please contact a Sacramento Works Job Center for assistance.
Note: An application does not automatically guarantee an interview or an internship position.
Applications must be received by 5 p.m. on Friday, May 4, 2018. For more information, please contact Josh Woodson by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (916) 263-3864.